Tuesday, June 17, 2008

still waiting :)

Thank you to all who've been praying . . . I decided early this morning that I was NOT going to go be induced today. I really felt like my doctor was just trying to do what was convenient for her in the guise of possible "problems" with the baby. I spoke w/ my mom and then called the labor and delivery at my hospital and spoke w/ a nurse there. Michelle was amazing and she answered all of my questions. I ended the conversation knowing that waiting until the 10 day mark (at least) was what I was going to do. I called my doctor to let her know and she just asked that I go in for an ultrasound and non-stress test. Baby came back with flying colors (big surprise) and the doctor's tune was changed from "we've got to get this baby out now" to "there is no reason why we can't wait until Monday". Yeah, that's what I suspected all along. I have a "tentative" appointment set for induction on Monday, but I'm going to connect with her on Sunday night (if I haven't had this baby by then) and decide at that point what I want to do.

I am hoping & praying baby comes by Sunday night and am SO excited to welcome him/her into this world and our lives!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Tara, I'm so glad you did that. Reading your last post, I couldn't see any reason you needed to be induced.

I as scheduled for induction with Allison but went into labor 12 hours before my appointment. I hope your baby comes soon, too!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! Yay for Baby!

~xea

Danna said...

I am glad to hear you are going with what you want! I pray that baby will come naturally. Every time my phone rings I wonder if it is your mom telling me baby is here.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get some good news!

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

You are doing good Mama! Way to hang in there while baby is hanging in there too! Praying for all of you! Maybe you should eat some spicy food! :-)
Hugs to you!
Bella