Monday, June 16, 2008

baby's a comin'

Chris, Ellie & I went to the doctor's today. Ellie was able to hear the heart beat - she waved and blew kisses as she heard it. I'm 2 centimeters dilated but was spilling sugar into my urine again. I've had issues w/ that toward the end of this pregnancy. SO . . . doctor gave me the choice of going in today OR tomorrow evening to get started on pitocin. You can guess which I picked! If I don't go into labor on my own between now and tomorrow evening, I'll be going in tomorrow @ 6pm. It's kind of a disappointment (again) to possibly need pitocin so I'm just praying that I'll go into labor on my own between now & then. I have been having some contractions over the last few days so at least we are moving in the right direction. I couldn't feel a THING until after being induced for 12 hours on day 11 w/ Ellie!

As the old children's song goes, "He's got the whole world in His hands"

2 comments:

Annie said...

i hate pitocin. I feel for you. Then again, at the end of it, you'll have a baby! it's worthwhile.

I'll be thinking about you.

Xeandra said...

Don't feel pressured by anyone (not even me ;) )

It's YOUR body and YOUR baby.

I hope you can hang in there!