Saturday, July 3, 2010

no more diapers: day 1 & 2

Yesterday was the day we told Josiah he was a big boy and didn't need diapers anymore - except at night (of course). The day started off good. Caught him "bearing down" for a bm mid-morning. Stuck the potty chair under him, which was met with a little bit of resistance, and then happily flushed it down the toilet! The rest of the day we had a couple little accidents (pee) here and there - but I just kept reminding him that he was a big boy and needed to go on the potty! Caught his second bm right before dinner ... then after dinner I forgot what we were doing and realized he was in the playroom all alone. I ran in to find that he had squished his bm into the carpet - at least it was in the playroom. YUCK! I knew it wasn't going to be completely smooth sailing but this was a bit gross ... But on a good note he was proclaiming to all of us at the dinner table that he was not wearing diapers anymore!

Today has gone better so far. This morning he was dancing around in the playroom obviously needing to go #2. I kept offering him his potty chair and he kept refusing. Finally after about 20 minutes or so of that he laid down on the ground and asked for a diaper. Um ... NO! Stuck him on the potty chair and all came out good! During the first part of his nap he was NOT sleeping and I heard him thru the monitor asking to go pee! Good boy! Then once he was up he was crying a lot and I could tell we were dealing w/ yet another bm. He finally stopped being clingy and I left him in his playroom for 2 minutes ... came back and there it was on the ground - but this time I was smart and put down a covering on the ground!

Almost bedtime so we'll do this again tomorrow! In 17 days we are going on a trip so I must have him potty trained by then!

No comments: