Monday, July 5, 2010

it was a little gross

Day 3 in potty training Josiah. We met in a park w/ some friends in the morning for Church so I told Josiah he was a big boy and put underwear on him for the day. Every 20 minutes or so I had him sit on the potty and he did pretty good. . . until he had his bm. Changed that and he did well again. Got home and he played in the playroom after naptime. During that time he went all by himself to the potty, carried it to the bathroom AND flushed it down the toilet. Don't get to excited tho ... he must have somehow got some of it out and walked w/ it all the way to the kitchen. Needless to say I cleaned up a lot of poo yesterday.

Day 4 (today). We were getting ready to go to the zoo w/ some friends. I was preparing lunch when Ellie came in to say that, "Josiah went poop"! Great. Spent the next 15 minutes cleaning, wiping, disinfecting (thank GOD it was on the tile). Thought he was done. Went to wash out the potty chair ... he wasn't done. Came back to find yet another pile to clean up. Yuck. The zoo was uneventful. Josiah did great! He peed in his underwear on the way there (but it was a waterproof) and then I just sat him on his potty every 20 minutes or so. He LOVED it ... I could tell he felt like he was big and important like sister Ellie. On the way home he fell asleep, we ended up at Costco and when he woke up I put them in the bed of the truck and then proceeded to get the potty chair out and set up. That's when he said, "I pee in my underwear." Thanks Jo ... at least that's all it was. At home tonight things went well. A couple of accidents and he even ALMOST made it to the potty chair for his bm ... he made it to the paper - good job! Now I just need to make him SIT until he is completely DONE!

I'm not giving up! Gonna press in even harder tomorrow!

No comments: