Sunday, April 20, 2008

Here I go again . . .

Ellie's finally turned the corner in her teething and is doing much better! We had a CRAZY night with her on Thursday night. Shortly after I wrote my last post she began crying and I went in to see how she was doing. We had given her tylenol @ 8pm and it was 8:40. She was bothered by her teeth and so I held her for a bit before she climbed down off my lap and went for the bedroom door. I was curious to see what she would do . . . she walked to the open sliding glass door and walked outside all the way around to our bedroom. She was happy to see her daddy and for the next 15 minutes just wanted to play. Finally we put on a VeggieTale video and she watch 2 of them before getting Motrin @ 10 and going back to bed. At midnight she woke up crying in pain and there was nothing I could do to calm her down. Chris tried giving her a bath - she didn't like that and then they watched an Einstein Video. Finally at almost 1am she crashed and I heard her once more @ 4 and then again @ 5. I was wiped when she woke up @ 8:30 ready to go for the day! But like I said, she's doing much better and the other 2 molars are almost all the way in!

On another note - I LOVE cloth diapering for a variety of reasons and was excited to see an article put out by Time about them. It's a fairly balanced report - feel free to check it out HERE.

Finally, Chris and I spent the evening together. We went out to dinner and then to Barnes & Noble. It was so nice to just hang out w/o the little one running around. We ran into an old friend and caught up w/ him. Then we just sat upstairs and looked at some books. I have decided that I am going to purchase "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld (recommended by my good friend Amber on her blog Babywearing Buzz). I looked at that cookbook & the two "Sneaky Chef" books and decided I liked the ease and look of Seinfelds book much better. I'll be ordering it online so I'm SUPER excited to get it and start the recipes. If you want to check out some of the recipes for yourself CLICK HERE to go to Oprah's website!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm not ready for Kaelin to go through this. I'm praying she has an easy time with it! Glad Ellie is making it through!

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

You are a good mommy Tara!

Hey, try Hylands teething tablets! They work wonders. They are homeopathic teething tablets and I love them. I use their colic tablets on Rosie instead of using main brand gas drops.
They are better for them and they really do work. They have worked great for me and my babies.
Here is their website. I am sure you can find them at a natural foods store, whole foods, Raley's sometimes carries them...etc.
Now, go get some rest! (I Love cloth diapees too! But, you already know that! smile.)
http://www.hylands.com/products/teething.php