Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rain!

I woke up around 3:30/4 this morning to the sound of the rain ... was SO excited to hear it pouring down and wished that I had a window in my room to open and listen even more! Had just drifted back to sleep when Ellie came into the room saying, "mom, you were mad at me in bed", "What?" I replied. "I had a dream and you were mad." I picked her up reassuring her that I was NOT mad and that I loved her. I then took her to the potty, put her back in bed and told her to listen to the sound of the rain that God was sending for her to listen to. Her eyes were wide and her smile got big as she talked about how she couldn't wait for morning when she could put her boots and raincoat on and go jump in the puddles! Somewhere between 4 and 5 she came in yet again and I tucked her back into bed ... then Josiah woke up screaming about his "pee-pee" hurting him ... took him pee and told him to listen to the rain. He was so excited to wake up and go out in the rain that I'm surprised he actually fell back to sleep!

It's so fun to share with my children the joy of weather and change in the seasons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Middle of the night rain is sweet! We have it VERY often here, though!!! Did you know we get more rain than Seattle? Crazy!?