Monday, October 4, 2010

God is so good

My son loves this song ... found him standing on top of my laundry basket singing this on the top of his lungs yesterday. Such a beautiful sound to hear your children singing praises to the Lord. It truly is a picture of the verse in scripture that says, "...out of the overflow of the mouth, the heart speaks." (Luke 6:45)

I am praising the Lord this morning because he is good. The past year and especially the last few months have been a tough journey for our family. We have been struggling financially in a way that we've never struggled before. We have had to let all of our credit cards go, stop paying on most of our mortgages (we have several investment properties), have lost one property to foreclosure, we are the in process of declaring bankruptcy, have bills due this next week that I have NO idea how we will pay and the list goes on.

Yet the Lord is faithful.
  • I began babysitting a little boy at the beginning of summer - that's the Lord's provision.
  • A friend called us right after we prayed about our bills a few weeks ago and offered to loan us the money we needed to get through the end of the month - that's the Lord's provision.
  • I am on the end of all my tea/coffee and lately I haven't been able to get through the day w/o some caffeine ... yesterday I won a coffee and tea package at a babyshower - that too is the Lord's provision.
Those are just a few of the things that come to mind as I sit here in the early morning, yet the point is not in a list - the point is that HE is faithful and takes care of His own!

All the while my husband works and works to try to see deals close in real estate. He's even going to drive a trailer one day this month and deliver a bunch of packages through a gig he found on craigslist. I'm so proud of him and the way he's stuck to his work even though there has yet to be real payoff AND that he is looking for alternative and creative ways to provide for his family.

I will continue to praise HIM, continue to trust in HIM, continue to "lift up my eyes to the hills" for He is faithful. (Heb 10:23)

I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

Ps 121:1-3


2 comments:

Amelia West said...

So true Tara! Keep leaning on the Lord for strength. The Lord will provide. I'll be praying of you.

Anonymous said...

Amen! HE is GOOD all the time!!