Tuesday, May 18, 2010

exercise

Since I do not have a gym membership I have to come up with my own things to do for exercise. Sometimes that is exhausting with two kids! Last week I did nothing ... but I have "that time of month" to blame ;) This week I began by planning out what I was going to do ... pilates on Mon, Wed & Fri and running 2 miles on Tues/Thurs. It's raining today, only a light drizzle, but I'm not running. If we lived in Portland or somewhere where it rained A LOT I would go ... but we live in sunny Southern California ... I'm not running. I also don't feel bad ... my plan is my plan - but it's not a law ... and if you really knew me you would know that I create laws all the time for myself and then beat myself up for not keeping them. For instance, I MUST get up @ 5:30 every day to read the Word, prepare for the day (or exercise) and be showered and ready for the kids to be up by 7:30. I did that for awhile ... and that was good. But I'm learning that was a season and the Lord was using it in my life to teach me some valuable things about discipline - but I'm not in that season right now and that is okay!

That being said - I'll still run twice this week ... I'll just do it on Saturday and report back then on how the rest of the week goes!

3 comments:

Danna said...

Hey, high five for doing something, even if it isn't every day or week. Two toddlers is quite an excercise in itself! Wish we lived closer so I could be your running partner after baby is born:)

Anonymous said...

I think that's a very valuable lesson...the law thing...I can totally relate...

Tara Burton said...

I wish we lived closer too Danna! There are a few ladies in my life that I wish I could actually SHARE day to day life with. You and Amber (possibly my only blog readers - or at least "commentators") are two of them!