Saturday, April 10, 2010

the sound of the song birds

Some mornings we get serenaded by crows ... not a nice sound - this morning there is the beautiful sound of many birds chirping outside. One in particular can really sing. Aaaah, thank you Lord for the beauty of your creation!

Speaking of birds. Right outside our playroom (which is a sunroom) we have a nest full of baby birds. The children have really enjoyed watching the babies come up for food, seeing their mommy fly over to care for them and watching them go "poo-poo" outside of the nest (yes, my children think that is cool). I'm so glad that they can see God's creation right outside our backdoor.

A few days ago Ellie pointed outside and said, "It's a duck!" Without looking I replied, "No, those are birds"...but no, they were ducks! And out she ran after them! They flew over the fence into my MIL's backyard and I lifted the kids up to watch them swimming around in her pool!

Now before the kids get up I'm going to sweep and mop! Tired of walking around on a dirty floor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha! We were in the backyard this week and I was tuned into something else until Kaelin shouted, "ducks, mommy!" I almost dismissed her, too, but lo and behold, there WERE ducks flying above our yard and quacking away!