Wednesday, April 14, 2010

it's official ...

No more pacifier for Josiah!

This is how it happened. As you may know Josiah LOVES his moose w/ the paci attached. It has been that way since he was about 3 weeks old and has saved us many nights of crying these past 21 months. However I knew it couldn't (and shouldn't) last forever so I came up with a plan and was getting ready to go thru with it when he bit thru the paci on the moose right before bedtime 3 nights ago. I sprung into action, cut the paci from the moose, grabbed the remaining pacifier and told Josiah that the moose didn't need the paci anymore. Gave Josiah the paci and the moose and put him to bed. For two days he was only allowed the paci in the crib ... it went well. Okay, so he got a little upset when I would put the paci away and out of his reach in the mornings ... in fact he threw his moose a few times in frustration but he would get over it quickly.

My plan was to let this go on for a week or so and then take the paci away all together. I believe though that the Lord, in his divine wisdom, first of all allowed me to not remember to buy more paci's as back ups AND "hid" the remaining paci from me last night. I looked EVERYWHERE for it last night and could not find it anywhere! Finally I picked up Josiah, his blankie and his moose and told him we were going to bed. He was a bit confused and asked for his paci - I just said it was all gone and after a few minutes he excepted it and fell asleep just fine. He hasn't asked for it since then!

...and wouldn't you know I found the pacifier this morning right next to the sink ... near where I had been looking yesterday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great news! So many things that I think will be awful milestones to hurdle are easy! It's the unexpected ones that throw me for a loop!