Sunday, August 9, 2009

nutella and brownies

when I was pregnant w/ Josiah I ate a lot of nutella. Not just by itself though. I would put a pile on my plate, along with some peanut butter and then dip green apple slices for a late night snack. YUM!! But nutella's expensive - and it's not that "good" for you. SO . . . I was going through a couple of my favorite blogs when I found a recipe for cinnamon-hazelnut brownies and then a recipe for nutella! Now, the nutella is not as creamy as the nutella you buy in the store - but hey, when it tastes just as good and is at least better for you I won't complain! And the brownies . . . my little sis was here when I made them and we were blown away by their deliciousness!

Also, in case you didn't know I LOVE to bake. Cooking, not so much. But give me a recipe for a dessert, bread, casserole dish, and you've made my day! That's probably why the kitchen is the hardest area for me to keep clean - as soon as I clean up after dinner I get an exciting recipe to try and all my pots and pans come out again!

So Sugar Plum is one of my very favorite food blogs and steph chows is another. Steph has an AMAZING whole wheat pizza dough recipe. The first recipe I've found that actually cooks all the way through! I HATE doughy pizza! One trick she gave was to invert the cooking sheet. Brilliant idea! I tried it and it worked wonderfully! I also inverted the sheet when I made focaccia bread the other day - I have NEVER had my focaccia bread turn out as good as it did then other night. Even Chris agreed - it tasted just as good as the bread you get at Macaroni Grill - not joking!

I feel so inspired tonight. I can't wait to go see the movie, "Julie & Julia" and become even more inspired!

2 comments:

stephchows said...

I'm so excited you like both of those recipes and that the brownies came out so good! I'm going to have to make another batch of nutella and make those brownies!! yum!

Anonymous said...

I want to know where the recipe is that is for bread as good as the Macaronit Grill!!

I LOVE to bake, too! I haven't made anything since Kiley came along though...my first recipe WILL be the Mama Jeeper's Lactation bars that I made when I was nursing Kaelin...yummy!!