Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's only 1/4 of a cup...

but it was enough!! I made a roast in the crock pot yesterday and the recipe called for 1 cup of coffee. We don't have a coffee maker (long story, but it involves cockroaches) so I headed off to Starbucks to pick up a cup. It smelled SO good as the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled up the car as I drove home. I came inside and used the cup and saw that there was about 1/4 of the coffee left. I didn't want to see it go to waste, so I drank it. Now I haven't had any caffeine for the past 2 years plus. I couldn't really feel any difference until I was at the gathering of the church and I shared something God revealed to me this past week. It was when everyone's eyes (about 15 of us) were looking at me that I realized I was shaking. There are only TWO times that I shake. The first is when I drink caffeine, the second is when I'm hungry. I also talk EXCESSIVELY when I have caffeine. I realized as I was speaking that I was beginning to get a little excited . . . I will not be drinking any amount of coffee (or caffeine) for awhile!!

No comments: