Saturday, March 7, 2009

I think I have a problem

I like to eat, and while that is not exactly a problem, snacking (and snacking and snacking) until I go to bed is becoming a problem. I realized a couple of weeks ago that it was because all day I take care of the two kiddos and hardly have a moment to myself. Then as soon as they are both down for the night I get to eat and actually enjoy what I am eating. I need to work on this because this is not a healthy habit to have.

On another note, Josiah is doing better w/ eating. He doesn't eat like Ellie did, but he is eating. The trick, I found, is feeding him about 30 minutes before I nurse him. That way he's good and hungry and will actually EAT. The last couple of days were a bit challenging w/ him refusing to eat, but this evening he enjoyed his pureed chicken and I threw in a few bites of peas in as well.

2 comments:

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

How old is Josiah now? My how time flies by.
I usually nurse my babies as long as I can. Sophia=23 months, Lydia = 20 months, and Rosi so far is still going at 15 mo.
Sophia sounds like Josiah....she LOVED Mama's milk and would never take a bottle. I think back--how did I ever manage??
Hang in there...sounds like you have worked something out that is "working" for him too. ;-)

Hugs,
Bella

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about "enjoying" what you're eating....I hate to wait until so late, too, but I find myself doing it occassionally to enjoy a special dessert or something!