Sunday, September 11, 2011

making rags

I saw a cool blog POST about taking the husbands old socks and making rags out of them.  I already use our old socks for dusting but I thought that opening them up could possibly get more use out of them.  I wasn't 100% sold on the idea tho ... seemed like a lot of work for something you were just going to clean with ... UNTIL I remembered the Bridal Shower I was going to this weekend and that I had no present for the bride to be!  I made her a handful of rags that I dyed in blue dye first and then sewed some extra fabric on the back to make them a bit more sturdy.  But you can't just give someone rags for a present .... enter the lavender vinegar that I had just finished making!  I poured some into a bottle and then grabbed the book, "Organic Housekeeping" and put it all together in a basket I had around the house.  It was cute and I felt good about my accomplishments ...


of course today I still had a bunch of old socks lying around that I needed to do something with!  So I grabbed some more old fabric and made over a dozen rags for cleaning around my house.  and I STILL have leftover socks!! 

Here is the pile of old socks
Here are the fabric scraps

Here is my finished product!

1 comment:

Olives and Pickles said...

Hi tara, this is Patty from Olives and pickles, just to let you know that you won the one month free Speekee membership!!Congrats!
Please pop up over my blog and leave me your e-mail address. Thanks for participating.
Patty