Sunday, August 15, 2010

a new way to exercise

I find that working out with two kids is near impossible - without a gym membership and/or childcare. I try, I really do, I'll get up at 5:30 3 days a week for pilates - that might go on for a week or a month but eventually I'm burned out. I tried jogging in the stroller with them - I have a flat now and haven't fixed it yet ;) Trying to find time and the energy to do anything in my "spare" time is exhausting and obviously not working!

This past Friday we walked to a house 2 miles away to get lemons. A gal who is apart of my freecycle group and was giving them away for free - yaay, lemonade!! We started out w/ Jonathan (the boy I babysit) in the double stroller (not jogger, cuz remember that one has a flat), Josiah riding his "tractor" and Ellie on her trike. 1/4 of a mile into it Josiah decided he was done so I loaded him up and hooked his tractor onto the stroller. 1/2 mile into it Ellie decided she was tired so with one hand I pushed the boys (about 60 - 70 lbs) and pulled Ellie (her bike has a handle on the back). For the remainder of our walk every time we went uphill I pushed and pulled, every time we went downhill I got a break! The last 1/4 mile I had Ellie in the stroller w/ her trike and Josiah's tractor riding along and Josiah on my back - I felt a bit like a pack mule! By the time we got home I felt amazing and ready to get out there again!

No comments: