Thursday, October 1, 2009

in season fruits and veggies

I know that it is best to eat fruits and vegetables that are in season. And it's even better to support the local farmers who grow those things! However, I didn't grow up on a farm and while I know that apples are in season in the fall that's about ALL that I know! I found the Peak-Season Map at Epicurious.com which helps someone like me figure out what is in season in my area in the different months! Yaay! Now I have something to "go by" when I'm buying my fruits and veggies . . . now I just need to make it to the local farmer's market some time soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish we had lots of produce here...but we don't! However, we do have apples up in N GA and you can go apple picking on the weekends. Now its just a matter of making the trip up there! We eat TONS of fresh fruit all summer, but it all comes from CA!! Every week I buy strawberries, grapes, watermelon and a pineapple...yum! I'm going to check out that site, though...good info.