Wednesday, March 5, 2008

of trips, fevers, rashes, hair cuts & jury duty

Chris had some work to do on a house out in Arizona this past week so last Tuesday night (the 26th) we drove out to Mesa for a few days. Ellie and I left on Wednesday to visit our good friends Kip 'n Carrie and their two boys an hour south from where Chris was. It was a good visit. At first Caleb (4 1/2) and Joshua (2) were ecstatic to have a little girl around. But after a few days little Josh wasn't as thrilled. "No" he would yell @ her and when we explained that she was just a baby he would frown and say, "not a baby". My favorite thing that happened was when Josh was in the bath and Ellie wanted to get in - Carrie told me to go ahead and after I did Josh looked at me and said, "I don't want her in here". I explained to him that she was going to stay in to which he replied, "I want out". Wish I could have caught that on camera! By Sunday he was back to loving her and being being very tender and sweet with her. What a change!

We gave Ellie bangs . . . I don't have a picture of her new hair cut yet - but I will soon. She was getting frustrated always having hair in her eyes - her hair frames her little face so cute now!

the fever was on Friday - 102.6 but other than being hot she ate well, was a busy little bee and decided that playtime was Friday night from 2 - 3 am (I guess that would really be Sat morning)! She ran a low-grade fever all day on Saturday and by Sunday was doing much better. Then Tuesday morning I took off her pj's to see a light rash all over her little belly and her throat. There's not much that can be done since it's roseola, but I hate to see it all over her!

Chris sent us home on a plane last night - he needed to stay one more day @ the property. I'm @ Jury Duty today - getting "caught up" w/ any and all internet-related things! Elizabeth is hanging out w/ Grandma. It's nice to have a day "off", but I'll be glad to get back to her tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only a mom would say that "jury duty" was a DAY OFF! haha