Friday, March 14, 2008

Ellie and babies

A good friend of mine gave birth to her little boy, Micah about 2 weeks ago. He is only 5 lbs 10 oz and we got to take her a meal yesterday and hold her little one! Elizabeth went with me. We had so much fun on the ride there - listening to music, car-dancing and giggling back and forth. When we arrived at Jessica's house I put Ellie down and held Micah for a few minutes - SO TINY! After I handed Micah back Jess and I chatted for a few minutes. Ellie plopped herself down on the floor and put her hands out - obviously indicating that she wanted to hold Micah. I was blown away - it was her very first time seeing a baby that small and she was so enthralled. She also found a baby-doll they had in the house and started carrying it around. I can't wait for her to have her own doll and to see her new baby brother or sister. It's going to be so much fun to see her as a big sister!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.. You knew she'd be a great big sis...just like you were! Get that girl a dollie!

Tara Burton said...

my mom is making her a doll so she'll have it before the baby comes. It'll actually be the same pattern that she made for my first doll :)