Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The routine wins!

I have my children on a pretty tight routine ... at least when it comes to sleeping ... actually, that may be the ONLY thing that is tight around this house :)  We put them to bed around 9 every night and they are up around 8:30ish in the morning.  We do our thing during the morning and early afternoon and then around 3pm every day I put them down for a rest/nap and then they are up again by 4:30 to make this house of mine a home again!

Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL Southern California day - in the mid 80's - and both Elizabeth and Josiah were having a blast playing outside in their "fort".  It was getting closer to rest time and I decided to let them stay awake and play.  Tick, tock, tick, tock ... the minutes went by and at 3:30 both children come running inside because they are finished playing!  I changed my plan again and put them down for their rest time.  Usually Elizabeth plays quietly in her room the whole time and Josiah goes to sleep.  I figured that I wouldn't put Josiah to sleep this time, maybe I could get him to bed earlier at night?!  He brought toys in his room and proceeded to play ... aaaah ... I went out to get some filing done for Chris.  30 minutes later Josiah comes out and tells me that he would like his humidifier on, the lights off and for me to tuck him into bed.  Zzzzzzzzzzz ... he slept through his alarm and I had to wake him up at 5ish.  So much for me trying to take away the routine for a day ... he went and took it back!

No comments: