Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I have a washing machine again!

In case you didn't know, and you probably didn't, my husband has been taking our laundry over to his mother's house almost every day for the past 5 months. It has been a laundry nightmare over here! Because I don't have control of the laundry, it has been an unending pile that is never put away because he brings it home in the evening and I spend the next 3 days trying to get it all put away! But we finally have a washer! The last straw was this morning when I took Ellie's nighttime diaper off and she was RED all over. I knew it was the detergent that Chris used on the last load of diapers and I was over it. I told him this morning that I needed a new washer so I could go back to using Charlie's Soap (which I love - and is good on the little kids bums) and I was surprised that he had it purchased (used), delivered and installed by 7pm tonight!

I've already done a load tonight and plan on washing ALL the diapers tomorrow (over and over and over again; since that is what it takes to make sure all the other detergent residue is completely out). But I am not complaining! I feel like my life can be back in order (or at least a small portion of my life).

thank you Chris!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great! I had no idea that laundry was such a struggle...what a relief!