Saturday, November 22, 2008

not so much

as soon as I posted the post about naps Ellie started crying (1 1/2 hours after putting her down for bed). After 5 minutes I went in there and she reached for me. I picked her up thinking she had a bad dream and sat down with her on the futon (which is in her room). She immediately wanted to "talk" and read more books. I turned the light on a bit and decided to "re-do" bedtime. It was then that I saw all her stuffed animals were in a pile outside of her bed as well as her pillow and blanket. We read a few books, I sang her a few songs and walked out of the room. Now she's screaming for us again.

I think I'll send Chris in next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...that stinks! Is she still paci free? We are soooo not paci free!

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Hang in there! Consistency.
I have a little "idea" tip for you. You can try it and see if it works. The most important thing is being consistent and realizing that it may take several days or a week for it to become a routine. Be lovingly firm with it....
Here is my idea tip!
Instead of nap time...call it "room time". Start in small increments and then work up to more time. 20 minutes -- 30 minutes -- an hour.
Give her a quiet activity to do (Read books, Dollies, puzzles)You could even play "quiet time" music for her to enjoy.
I would prep the "room time" with both of you getting the room 'ready' (activity, sippy cup, music, pillows, books, etc.) and then having a mommy and daughter 'talk' time (5 minutes). When the buzzer dings, talk time is over and it is now time for 'room time'....Use the gate and keep her door open. Explain that it is room time and she must remain in there playing quietly until the buzzer dings. If she remains in there for the whole time, there could be a reward of some sort. Remind her that when it is room time...talk time is over.
Getting over the Paci stage is so not fun. I remember....it was KER-A--ZEEE with Lydia.
Hope all this mumbo helps in some sort of way!
You are a GOOD MAMA!